The University of Prince Edward Island follows the national standards outlined by the Canadian Institutes of Health 研究, Natural Sciences and Engineering 研究 Council of Canada, and Social Sciences and Humanities 研究 Council of Canada, Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for 研究 Involving Humans (TSPS 2), 2018年12月.
Additional Guidance is provided by:
- Tri-Council Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the Roles and Responsibilities in the Management of Federal Grants and Awards - Agreement on the Administration of Agency Grants and Awards by 研究 Institutions
- University of Prince Edward Island 研究伦理委员会 Policy and Procedures
- Responsible Conduct of 研究, Scholarly and Creative Work Policy
The Online Tutorial for the Tri-Council Policy Statement 2018 (TCPS2 2018)
All researchers completing research involving human participants will now be required to complete the online TCPS2 Tutorial and to submit a copy of their certificate with their submission to the 研究伦理委员会. 研究ers who do not submit their certificate will receive a conditional approval until they have completed the tutorial and submitted their certificate to 研究服务 (email@example.com).
The Secretariat on Responsible Conduct of 研究 (the Secretariat) wants to inform the research community that the previous Tri-Council Policy Statement 2: Course on 研究 Ethics (TCPS 2: CORE) has recently been replaced by a new version – TCPS 2: CORE-2022. The latter refers exclusively to the TCPS 2 and focuses on ethics guidance that is applicable to all research involving human participants, regardless of discipline or methodology.
CORE-2022 consists of nine modules and a knowledge consolidation exercise:
- Module A1 – Introduction
- Module A2 – Scope of TCPS 2
- Module A3 – Risks and Benefits
- 模块A4 -同意
- Module A5 – Fairness and Equity
- Module A6 – Privacy and Confidentiality
- Module A7 – Conflicts of Interest
- Module A8 – 研究伦理委员会 Review
- Module A9 – 研究 Involving Indigenous Peoples
- Knowledge Consolidation Exercise
Each module includes 4-5 quiz questions. These questions provide users with an opportunity to test their knowledge as they progress through the modules. 除了, the new version includes a knowledge consolidation exercise (KCE) consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions. A CORE-2022 Certificate of Completion will be issued to users following the successful completion of the KCE. The new course is self-paced and should take approximately four hours to complete. It is possible for users to complete the course over multiple sessions by saving their progress and resuming later. CORE-2022 is compliant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) to ensure accessibility for all users.
Migration to CORE-2022 took place during the week of January 10, 2022. Access to previous CORE course completion information by users and institutions will continue, albeit through the CORE-2022 database.
Questions related to the recent migration to CORE-2022 should be directed to the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tri-Council Policy Statement 2 -- Ethical Conduct for 研究 Involving Humans
- Colman Liau index, Flesch Kincaid Grade Level, ARI (Automated Readability Index) for Consent Form